MOTOR FUEL EXCISE TAX (MFET) XML SCHEMA CHANGE REQUEST
MFET Schema Version No. ________
Schema: MFCarrierReport MFDistributorReport MFRetailerReport
MFSupplierReport MFTOReport MotorFueleFileTypes
MotorFuelsEnumerations MotorFuelsFiling MotorFuelsHeader
Action Requested: Add Change Delete
Component(s): Complex Type Element Attribute
For Elements: Recommended Name ___________________ Length ____
Brief Description of Addition/Change/Deletion:
XML Code To Be Added/Changed XML Code:
attach complete schema showing addition, change, or deletion, and an instance
document (example) with data.
Business Case – Why Is This Addition/Change/Deletion Required?
Requestor Organization: _________________________________
Date Needed: _________________________
Telephone Number: ____________________________________
E-mail Address: ________________________________________
Please plan to participate in the next TIGERS meeting/webinar/conference call to discuss this request.
MFET XML CHANGE CONTROL PROCEDURES
In order to promote consistency and uniformity in the implementation of the Motor Fuel Excise Tax (MFET) XML e-file program, the data element list and all MFET schemas are posted on the TIGERS website, www.statemef.com. These schemas are to be used for all MFET implementations.
States, vendors, or service providers needing additional data elements or requiring changes to any of the MFET schemas must follow the procedures outlined below.
State tax administrators or other interested parties should submit the request to the current TIGERS chair using the MFET XML CHANGE CONTROL form posted on the TIGERS web site. The form must be submitted via e-mail. The form includes the following:
1. MFET Version on which the request is based
2. Schema(s) affected
3. Action required – addition, change, or deletion
4. Component(s) affected
5. A brief text description of each addition or change being requested
6. New XML code to be added or utilized
7. Business case – why this addition or change is necessary – please be as complete as possible
8. Requestor organization – generally state tax or employment agency, but may be software vendor or service provider
9. Contact information
It is requested that a complete copy of the revised schema(s) be attached; the use of XML Spy listings and diagrams is preferred.
The current TIGERS chair, upon receipt of the request, shall take the following actions:
1. Distribute copies electronically to TIGERS members for review and discussion.
2. Place the request on the agenda of the next TIGERS meeting. It is highly recommended that the requestor participate in any discussion of the proposed changes, particularly if they are more than simple element additions.
3. Discuss the request at the TIGERS meeting. The request may be accepted, rejected, or modified. If the request is modified or rejected, the TIGERS chair will work with the requestor to reach a mutually satisfactory alternative.
4. Once the modifications to the XML schema(s) are finalized, submit the revised schema(s) to TIGERS technical support to be posted as a new version at www.statemef.com.
5. If the request is urgent, due to state business needs, the MFET core team will review the proposed change as quickly as possible after the request is received. If there are no objections, provisional approval will be granted for the requesting state agency to make the change. The request will then proceed as given above, for formal approval from the TIGERS membership.